Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grill Towel with a Leather Patch

So in case you missed it, yesterday I just posted this awesome tutorial for a Father's Day gift...a grill towel!

Maybe you already knew that and you came back today to see what else I came up with.

Well here is variation #1.
...Father's Day is June 19th!...

What I did:
  • used a leather elbow patch (found in notions section of fabric store)
  • freezer paper stenciled on the patch with fabric paint
  • hand stitched the patch to the towel with upholstery thread.
  • hand stitched green embroidery floss around edges- every two holes
  • added a grommet to the top corner instead of the middle of the towel

Notes: The elbow patch was a complete experiment, but I love the way it turned out. It was easy to sew on because it has pre-punched holes all around it. On my patches, it seemed that one side had more obvious holes than the other. That would be the front where you will stencil; this makes it way easier to sew on when you can see the holes!  And I used 3 strands of green floss.  Besides drying time for the paint...this is super quick!

Here's a sneak peek at the rest!  Come back tomorrow- I will be featuring another one of these Father's Day Grillin' towels!


...
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...